Saturday, July 5, 2014

July 4 2014

We had such a good time on the 4th this year.  I got a patriotic taste earlier in the week as I was called for jury duty.  As much as it is a pain and a disruption to life (and it certainly was this time!), sitting in the courtroom and listening to the judge and feeling the weight of my possible responsibility makes me feel very patriotic.  Fortunately, I did not get selected this time (apparently the defense lawyer for a man accused of child abuse doesn't want a mom of four and a daycare provider sitting on the jury; the man was convicted by the way.) One day I wouldn't mind doing my civic duty and sitting on the jury.  Anyway, all that to say, it was a patriotic week and a very patriotic day...I even made some apple pie!  We had some friends come over for the evening.  The kids ran around the yard while the adults and the teens played Kill the Overlord and King of Tokyo.  Somehow Sara ended up winning both games....still trying to figure that out!.  I let Sara have the camera for most of the evening so most of the shots can be contributed to her.
My beautiful friend Amy who is a photographer





trying to catch some fireflies


No comments: