- Introduced the kids to Brisco County Jr.
- Watched The Incredibles on the way home and felt like accomplished parents since the kids could quote all the great lines (No Capes!) Watched The Princess Bride as well and quoted right along with it.
- Searched for sea turtles, but I think we were too early. The beach where we stay is popular for sea turtles to come out at night and lay their eggs. In the past we've been fortunate to actually witness this.
- Spent a day in St. Augustine exploring the oldest city in the U.S. and doing some shopping at one of the best Outlet Malls I've been to.
- Played Kill the Overlord more times then I can count
- There was word of a snake on the dunes between our condo and the beach. If you know me, you know that made my walk to the beach a lot more adventurous then I had planned for it to be.
- Nathan discovered hair glue thanks to his wonderful aunt.
- We hate driving through Tennessee. This isn't new for us, but I thought worth mentioning.
- Joe and I both read 3+ books. I think this broke some kind of vacation record for us.
- The kids taught me how to use a boogie board
- We perfected our football catching and throwing by some rousing games of monkey in the middle in the pool.
- We really can drive straight through without stopping at a hotel. We were on a little bit of a time crunch when we returned home as we had to be back for a wedding. So we thought we would give it a try. We did it. We couldn't walk very well by the time we got home and our hips were creaking and complaining, but we made it!
- The kids all saw dolphins for the first time and we enjoyed checking out the manatee as well.
Here are some pics:
|the fort at St. Augustine|
|Father's Day at the Beach|
|A sand castle builder graciously let the boys help him|
|This is how I looked and where you could find me most of the week|
|I love these boys!|
|View from our condo|