Saturday, October 11, 2014

Recovery

So my surgery was Wednesday and I have been in recovery mode since.  I won't go into detail on what all the doc did.  To summarize, he basically put two holes in me...one for the camera and one for tools, did some things and then stitched me up.   The first 36 hours I was flat on my back.  For those who have had laproscopy done before, you may be familiar with shoulder pain afterwards.  Flat on the back is the best way to deal with it.  Now that the shoulder pain is gone, I have been sentenced to the couch.  The sentencing is for my protection....so I don't tear something and then they have to go back in to fix that (according to my protective hubby). So today I have painted my nails, played some Kingdom Chronicles on my iPad, watch some NCIS marathon, gotten text updates on the boys' football game, and am currently introducing Ashley to Ocean's Eleven. We have been super blessed by meals of lasagna and meatloaf.  And my parents have been a huge help in playing taxi for my kids.  It has been awhile since I've had a stay at home vacation, so I plan to enjoy it while it lasts.

No comments: