Thursday, May 24, 2007

Laughter is the best medicine

We've been dealing with allergies at my house. I haven't been able to talk for the last couple of days. If you've never had allergies, imagine a horrible cold with extreme itching in your ears, throat, nose, and eyes. The biggest problem I have with them though is that they completely drain any energy I may have. With four kids I really don't need any other energy drainer in my life. So it has been a long couple of days as we have been couped up inside. Yesterday I decided to end the quarantine and let everyone go outside. They always love to have me push them on the swing, but I have one unspoken requirement if they want me to push them. If they don't have shoes on, I get to tickle their feet while pushing them. As I was pushing Ashley on the swing her giggles filled the whole backyard. Then she paused from the laughter and said "Mommy, my laugh is my favorite thing about me". I would have to agree and it certainly did make me feel better.

No comments: