Friday, May 11, 2007

What if it doesn't work?

I love my hair in the summer time. It gets white blond streaks. It is the only time of the year that I can pretend to be a little blonde. As I have gotten older this does not occur quite as quickly as it used to, so I like to help it along a little with some lemon juice. (Joe suggested peroxide, but I'm not quite that vain yet.) Anyway, here is Ashley's take on the lemon juice and my hair.

Ashley: "Daddy, what is in the spray bottle in the refrigerator?"
Daddy: "That is mommy's lemon juice"
Ashley: "Is it to drink?"
Daddy: "No, mommy sprays it on her hair."
Ashley: "Why, Daddy?"
Daddy: "Because Mommy wants pretty blonde streaks in her hair like you have in yours"
Ashley: "Daddy, mommy hair doesn't look at all like mine"
Daddy: "Well, it takes a few days"
Ashley: "How many Daddy? Like 12?"
Daddy: "It just takes awhile?"
Ashley: "What if it doesn't work?"
Daddy: "That's a good question Ashley"

No comments: