Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My husband's day off

My husband hung the last piece of trim in our attic yesterday. I'm currently humming the doxology. Now we just need to finish painting the stair rail and staining the stairs and our two year project will be complete. It looks so awesome!!! But that's not all he did yesterday --he hung trim in our basement, he mowed the grass, he put away all the tools that were in our attic, he had lunch ready for us when we all came home from VBS, he sanded the drywall on the ceiling in the staircase, he then cleaned up all the drywall dust, he folded some laundry, he did dishes, he made lunch for today and has it in the refrigerator ready to go, he went to Menards, he put the kids to bed, he made me his special butter popcorn (better than the movie theater kind!), he calmed me down when I had a major freak out moment and somewhere in there he had time to go to the dentist and get his teeth cleaned. And Mondays are technically his "day off". If I told you what I did yesterday, it would make me look extremely lame. I really think I'm married to the greatest man in the world.

1 comment:

Garden Girl said...

Thank you for publically praising your dh. Most women don't do it nearly enough (instead, they cut them down).

And....

Yea Joe!