Sunday, June 17, 2007

Does the perfect suit exist?

We went to the swimming pool this evening. Sunday night is family night at our local pool and they make it fairly affordable for our family of six. I was prepared (or at least thought I was). Over the last couple of weeks I have been diligently seeking out the perfect swimsuit. Now you have to remember that I'm a 34 year old mother of four and my oldest is 6. Let's just say my body hasn't fully recovered. I once heard a statistic that it takes a woman's body seven years to recover from childbirth. So since I have four children, do those years accumulate? Am I looking at 21 years to recover?? Anyway, I've digressed. I found a suit last week and played outside in our new pool in our backyard this past weekend. So I very confidently went to the public pool in it. However, while chasing (running after I should say) my 1 1/2 year old on the deck of the pool I realized that there was probably no swimsuit made that could make me look even the slightest bit attractive while doing that. Maybe that is why I ran over the following warning painted on the deck: "Absolutely no running for any reason".

No comments: