Saturday, August 25, 2007

Warning-the following post may have a slightly bitter tone

I now have my driver's license for my new state. However, I was informed that it was completely unacceptable that my social security card had my maiden name on it and that in 4 years when it was time to renew I would probably have a hard time unless my social security card was changed. So it's okay for me to have it now, but I can't renew it in 4 years? (BTW, I did have it changed when I was married. I just couldn't track down the newest card.) She also told me that I would have a hard time if I ever needed to collect social security benefits. Do I look that old? I was beginning to understand the sign that said absolutely no inappropriate language would be tolerated. We also left without the plates for our vehicles. I guess we have to take our loan documentation in for one of them and our car title in for the other. Yes, we have to retitle our truck in order to get plates. I informed Joe that he could get the plates because I refuse to make 5 trips to the DMV. I must admit I lost my patience today and hopefully wasn't a horrible witness to the lady. I almost started crying but I was afraid the lady would call me a wimp. As a point of really good news, I passed my test with flying colors! I didn't miss any. And I think that is a feat considering it was 20 multiple choice questions AND 15 signs. However, just as I was feeling relief I found out that they randomly select people to have to retake the test to renew their licenses so in another four years I may be experiencing the same jitters. And so I am determined to leave this topic behind me for now--even though I will be reminded of it everytime I see my signature on my license which is completely unreadable--that is a whole other story in and of itself.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I wanted to check and see if it was appropriate to congratulate you on your license, and I find that it is. So, CONGRATULATIONS! This was probably more exciting and more of an achievement than when you were actually 16.