Thursday, August 23, 2007

When the third time is not a charm..

This is what I learned today on my third and not final trip to the license branch. I didn't read well enough yesterday. In case you were wondering this is what you need to get a driver's license for the state that I now live in:

My current license from a different state
My social security card
My birth certificate or passport
Some official paperwork with my address to prove my residency
AND I have to take the written driving test!

I haven't taken the test since I was 16! And since I found out I have to retake it I feel the same kind of anticipation that I felt when I was 16. It is that jittery, semi-excited anticipation. This could go really, really well or it could go really, really bad. I mean--what if I fail???!!! How embarassing would that be and it would also put me in a pickle on getting my kids to school each day. I keep telling myself that if a 16 year old can pass it surely someone who has been driving for almost 20 years could pass it. As I glanced through the manual I discovered that I need to catch up on my law--is drunk driving 3 times considered a felony or a misdemeanor??? And so my light nighttime reading tonight will be the driver's manual.

1 comment:

Garden Girl said...

Oh, HHM! I'm SO sorry! It was like that in California - I had to retake the written test there (but thankfully not the driving test). But thank you for the laughs! :)

Good to see you on-line again. My morning coffee hasn't been the same without ya ;)