Thursday, September 20, 2007

So are microscopes really a good thing?

Sara brought home a magic school bus book from the library last week. If you are not familiar with the magic school bus, you either don't have kids or your kids aren't very old. The magic school bus is a bus that a science teacher can shrink and travel to all different kinds of places to learn about science. This particular book is about germs. Well, it isn't totally about germs, but that is what I have been focusing on of late partly because Ashley has been sick. Reading this book has almost turned me into a germ phobic. It talks about all the microscopic stuff that you can't see. Yesterday I actually went OCD on washing my hands. Not really sure how many times I washed them, but at one point I caught myself beginning to wash them again right after I had dried them because I couldn't remember if the towel that I used to dry them was clean or not. Had I used the towel before to dry my hands? That is probably a problem. Fortunately, I think we are almost finished with the book. We are on chapter 8. As we finished reading last night, the bus was getting ready to travel inside a boy named Alex's body. BTW, Alex has a horrible cold, so tonight we are going to get to see what a cold does to the inside of a body. Yippee! I am beginning to believe that there is a reason that these things are microscopic. God knew it would freak us out if we could see them. By tomorrow I may not even allow my children to emerge from the house, but whose to say my house is even clean. Maybe Joe should finish up the book for me.

1 comment:

The Rosetto's said...

Karen you are a hoot! Yes maybe it's best for Joe to finish the book. ;)