Saturday, September 15, 2007

My great day

There was frost on the rooftops this morning. It was great. The only time of year that I look forward to more than fall is Christmas. You can't really beat Christmas, can you? Anyway, fall ranks up pretty high for me. I love wearing sweatshirts, feeling crisp cool air, and everything about fall. Today was perfect fulfillment of fall--with the exception of visiting an apple orchard. The day started with two cups of perfectly brewed Starbucks coffee. Joe made a big roaster full of chili for our small group tomorrow night so that aroma filled the house. Then a little later we went outside and cleaned out the fire pit in our backyard. I planted tulips for next spring--so excited about that! Then Joe built a fire and the kids played in the yard. Nathan was chasing the squirrels. We live near our high school and there was pee wee football going on this morning, so I even somewhat got to experience a football game while we roasted our hot dogs and marshmallows for lunch. It was great. It was all topped off by an afternoon nap appropriately in front of the TV with a college football game on. Did I mention that it was great? I need to come up with a better descriptive word, but it is closing in on my bedtime so I think great will have to suffice for now.

2 comments:

Mom said...

You are a true Midwesterner--does anyone appreciate Fall the way we do? It has been glorious in Indiana also and I plan to go to the apple orchard this week. The backyard fire pit sounds great--wish we had been there.

Garden Girl said...

Delicious - the word I would use is "delicious" I so know what you mean about fall.