Sunday, December 9, 2007

Another first for me...

Well, it is time for me to record another first in my life--the first time I have helped lead a children's Christmas program. We had our program tonight and what a wild ride it was to get there! I led the music portions. You have to remember that I am part of a smaller church so we don't have an over abundance of children. So pretty much everyone who is able to do a speaking part has a speaking part. That means if anyone gets sick we also don't really have any back-ups. So the director and I had some stressful moments before the Lord praying for sick kids and then today praying for the weather (church this morning was cancelled due to ice). But everything came through and all the kids did so awesome. I was so proud of them and what a rush it was for me. I think I'll be lucky if I'm asleep before midnight. I would share pictures with you, but since I was up front directing the music and Joe was sitting with Nathan in the back, alas we have no pictures of the kids--except John singing Jingle Bells. BTW, John was Joseph and was soooo adorable. His favorite friend got to be Mary and they really did make a cute couple for four year olds. Anyway, I know it got video taped and others had cameras so I'm hoping in the next few days to have some I can share with you. If not, I'm sure there will always be next year. And now it is time for me to kick back and enjoy my Colts whipping up on Baltimore.

2 comments:

The Rosetto's said...

Thanks for all your hard work Karen. The kids were so cute. It was nice to have a Christmas program again this year.

Kendra said...

Yay!!! I'm glad it went well, Karen! Tell John and the girls that I wish I could have been there to see them!