Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Maybe I never really matured to adulthood

I think I'm still a kid. Here are some recent examples that have rather proven this:
  • At the recent Christmas parade I was urging, rather loudly according to my husband, my children to make sure they got the "good candy" ("Mommy, please don't push me...")
  • Last night I was petitioning my husband to let my children jump and dive onto my couches in the basement. It is winter, afterall!
  • I was up around 4:30am really, really hoping for a snow day. I had the TV on at 5am so I could make sure I could plan out the day with the kids. Much, much to my disappointment, it just rained here so everyone went wherever they were suppose to be. Bummer.... (Sara: "But Mommy I really want to go to school" I guess I should be thankful for that attitude...)
  • And, last but definitely not least, I am perhaps the worst person in the world to give a present to before you are ready for me to open it. Yes, I still peek.

2 comments:

The Rosetto's said...

I still peek too. Which has resulted in Rich not purchasing my gift until 2 days before any given gift giving occasion.

I was also really bummed there wasn't a snow day, though I am not sure why :)

Kristen said...

You are hilarious!