Sunday, December 16, 2007

My recent observations

I am spending the weekend at my sister's and hanging out with my niece and nephew. Things have been great except for the fact that I think I have somehow managed to come down with a bout of pink eye. Not sure exactly if that is what it is or not--however, they are bright red and light kills them. So I am typing most of this with my eyes closed. Pretty talented, huh! Anyway, I flew out early Friday morning (the flight left at 6am). Here were some of my observations on my journey:

  • I probably shouldn't be allowed to drive at 4am. I was listening to the radio and there was an ad for an oil change place. They kept advertising their 1995 oil. I kept wondering what about the year 1995 made the oil so great. It seriously took me about 5 minutes before I realized they meant $19.95 instead of 1995.
  • I am also prone to singing along with Willie Nelson to Jingle Bell Rock at 4am.
  • People talk on their phones at 5:15am in the airport. My question: "Who in the world are you talking to???" Even if the person on the other end is EST it is still only 6:15. Maybe they know people in Europe than I do.
  • There were 14 rows on the plane that I was on. And, yes, I was in row 14. Row 14 was only on one side of the plane, because, guess what?!--yep, the bathroom was on the other side. Now my flight time was approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes. I think at least 15 people had to visited the bathroom in that time frame. Now, I try to avoid airplane bathrooms at all costs. However, all the traffic back my direction made me curious--is this a special airplane bathroom. I hadn't flown in around 2 1/2 years, maybe they changed the bathrooms on airplanes to be more hospitable. They had to be for that many people to decide to use it. So, I finally gave into the temptation and decided I would check it out, and, uh, no they have not changed just in case you are curious.

No comments: