Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My obsession

I have joined Weight Watchers again. I lost 50 lbs via the Weight Watchers program before Nathan was born. So, I've decided to join again. Fortunately, this time I am starting at a lower weight than I did before. And I'm not going to the meetings this time--just doing it online. I track everything I eat, etc. You may be thinking--so why do you pay for it? Couldn't you track it without Weight Watchers? Well, yes, but when I pay for something I will not let it go to waste.

Well, I've totally digressed from where I was headed. With the program, you weigh in once a week. They tell you not to weigh in any more times than once a week because your weight fluctuates, blah, blah, blah. Are you kidding me??? Of course I'm going to weigh in more than once a week and probably more than once a day. Last night I went to weigh in before bed and horrors of horrors--my scale was broken!!!! Ok, before you start making jokes about how I broke the scale (ha, ha, ha), Joe did some investigation and discovered that the battery was just dead. I have to say, I'm extremely thankful that it is just a battery problem. I was starting to panic that if I had to weigh in on a different scale on Thursday it wouldn't show the true amount I had lost--or it might show I'd gained!!! Ahhhh!! That would be very traumatic and honestly, I'd rather live with illusion of a false weight than find out it is actually 3 pounds higher. So the number one task today--find a new battery for that scale!!! I'll let you know tomorrow what the results are.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Good luck, Karen!!!

Garden Girl said...

Alright, you need to represent for the women - I want to see you beat Joe this week! (re: Joe's post on his blog).

Love ya,
Tanna

The Bullhorn said...

Honey-
Didn't you mean to say, "If I pay for something, I won't let it go to waist"?

Much love,

Joe