Thursday, March 13, 2008

Random Thoughts

  • My trees have buds on them and my tulips are coming up.
  • When we were going to Girl Scouts last night, Ashley was convinced that she saw a truck that was buried in the ground. All you could see was the roof. It got us all curious, but, alas, on the way home we couldn't find the truck. Maybe they finished burying it...
  • John LOVES Larry Boy and he can sing the theme song. I guess I should specify since there is more than one--he sings "Oh, Larry Boy, we need you now.." He knows the whole thing and one of my new favorite things is to listen to him sing it. That is, if I can convince him to sing it again.
  • Nathan's new favorite thing is the local trains. Now that we can play outside, every time he hears one he wants me to drive him to see it.
  • The Nurse Practitioner that saw Nathan yesterday wants to have his hearing checked because he has fluid on them and his left one just looked plain weird inside. But since he's hearing trains over a mile away maybe we can skip that check...
  • To hosta or not to hosta that is the question... we are planning out our flower beds and my front one is very shaded. I wanted hostas for some ground cover, but Joe doesn't like them because they spread too fast. And so we are faced with the question--to hosta or not to hosta
  • My new name for Nathan is my little world changer. The question is---will he survive past age 2 so that he can actually change the world?
  • Sara now has her own email address. I cannot even tell you how excited she is. Don't be offended if she hasn't written you yet, though. It takes her about a half an hour to write one small email. And then she has to read some more so she can have some more computer time. We've gotta teach that girl how to type!
  • I saw a robin yesterday
  • Ashley's birthday is next week and she's getting a hamster.

10 comments:

The Rosetto's said...

i have to agree with joe, i hate hostas

Mom said...

Okay, I've had some of my hostas for years and they do get larger, but they do not spread. I think they look nice in shady spots--and there are hundreds of varieties, colors, and sizes.

Alissa said...

Hosta. I love hostas. :)

A hamster? REALLY?! Has Joe filled you in on my high school science experiment with mice? Hmm...I know they're not the same creatures, but in my mind they're awfully close. :)

The Bullhorn said...

Your stoned mice in a maze aren't quite the same. Still both are rodents and nicely flushable when the day comes to dispose of said creature's lifeless carcass. Ashley just wants a pet. A hamster is lots more entertaining to her than a fish, but not as much work as dog (plus, it possesses other positive attributes, such as the one mentioned above and doesn't live as long).

The Bullhorn said...

As far as hostas go Mom, I seem to remember something about bachelor buttons (aka The Flowers from Hades) not spreading either...

Steven said...

I would go for the hostas - there are many kinds... they will get larger, but you can divide them to shrink them down again - they are also really hard to kill even in a drought

Kendra said...

personally, my mom always had hostas...still does, and i love them! the only thing i didn't like about them was when we had to split them to replant them somewhere else...
a hamster!!! we had a hamster when we were little...loved her! her name was mindy and we bred her once and she had babies! they were sooo cute! but unfortunately, mom and dad wouldn't let us keep them, so we gave them to the pet store. she was such a big part of our lives that we buried her in our backyard...i still remember where too... :) and i liked mindy way better than our guinea pig...we didn't keep him long... ;)
what's sara's email address?? cause i will definitely email her!

Garden Girl said...

Hostas are known as the "friendship plant" My guess is you can get some for free. BUT - if the work of dividing is not your thing - just buy and plant impatients every year. :)

Kendra said...

so...about the whole buds and blossoms thing...we got snow today!! it snowed for like 5 hours this morning! yuck! but i think it has all melted now...i hope!

The Bullhorn said...

Who knew there was so much people had to say about hostas? I have to say though, that anything labeled "Friendship" usually isn't that friendly. For example, anybody ever gotten "friendship" bread? I think that's typically the end of the friendship...