Saturday, June 14, 2008

It has been difficult for me to post the fairly frivolous activities of the Horn family as my thoughts have been frequently taken to our dear friends and extended church family in Cedar Rapids impacted by the truly unbelievable flood. It is very surreal to see your old stomping grounds completely underwater and recognizing all the landmarks in the pictures. Three of our four children were born at the hospital that was evacuated (which, I might add, is normally no where near the river). Disasters like this truly put life into perspective. Our prayers are with you in Iowa. Now and as you prepare for the months of clean up ahead...

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Karen~ Although we are not directly affected by flood waters since we live in Marion, I wanted to thank you for your concern and prayers for everyone here. It is hard to believe that in such a short time period, everything can be destroyed. Even with living here and hearing about it and seeing the pictures and videos, I cannot imagine going through something like this. Here in Marion, we are doing our best to help conserve water as we are sharing with Cedar Rapids. Culver's Restaurant, where I work, has started to close early to help conserve water and I know other places are doing the same thing. I know everyone would greatly appreciate your continued prayers during this crisis.