Sunday, June 8, 2008

the summer tradition begins...

Today we kicked off a summer tradition that we started last summer. However, last summer it was a very sporadic tradition to say the least since we were in the process of selling a house, packing, moving, etc. Anyway, the tradition is Sunday afternoon at the pool. We go to church, come home and take a nap (of course!) and then head to the pool around 3:30pm. We swim until we drop and then we stop for ice cream on the way home. Then we usually settle in for a family movie since everyone is so whipped from the pool. Tonight the movie of choice was The Incredibles--one of the Horn family favorites ("That was totally wicked!"). Anyway, I don't have any pictures to share with you because my batteries in my camera are dead. So you will just have to trust me that there were some priceless moments--Sara's first time down a serious water slide, Nathan wearing my goggles around the pool, Ashley's first time down a serious water slide, John looking his normal adorable self with his blue goggles on so tight that they made his eyes bug out... I'll take my camera the next time. BTW, meaning no offense to all you Iowans, but our pool here is waaaay cooler then the one we had there and so much less stressful to me. They have a huge kids area with a kiddie slide, water guns, sprinklers, etc--kind of like a splash pad on steroids. It was great and now I'm whipped so I'm sure we'll all sleep well tonight.

No comments: