Friday, August 22, 2008

Country X's egg

I think I've only had one post concerning the Olympics which is rather surprising considering how much I've been watching them lately. I enjoy Bob Costas. I know that may sound weird, but he isn't dry and occasionally has some really good lines. I think his best one was last night. It was concerning a country which did very poorly at some track and field events. The country will remain nameless as I don't want to cause further embarrassment because it really was painful to watch (if you know what I'm talking about I'm sure you agree!) so we will call it "Country X". Anyway, when they returned to Bob Costas after these two very embarrassing events occurred, this was his quote:

"Well, it looks like Country X laid a very big egg tonight at the Bird's Nest."

I'm still laughing--I don't think I've had enough sleep this week...

1 comment:

Anna said...

Karen! I totally agree - Bob Costas was getting a more than a little loopy! I heard that egg line, and we laughed, too! funny.