Friday, August 22, 2008

My proud mommy moments of the week

I've had two proud mommy moments this week related to the girls going back to school. Well, I've actually had many more than two, but I have two very memorable ones that I am going to document. And, yes, I'm going to brag on them because they are my kids.

The first one is related to Ashley. She very excitedly had her first homework of the year tonight. It was her "baggy book". They bring home a book to read every night and we evaluate it to see if it is too difficult, too easy, or just right and she just happens to have the same color hair as goldilocks. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.) Anyway, she had her first book tonight and it was a book on butterflies and the life cycle of butterflies. And she read the word "chrysalis"--didn't even have to sound it out. Yep, I was proud. Okay, so maybe she already knew a lot about butterflies and the life cycle of a butterfly, but I was still rather impressed. She is only 6 afterall and we had to mark that book as too easy. (It could have something to do with Joe being her father...)

The second proud mommy moment that I am going to share is related to my eldest. It is a story that she shared with me today. Earlier this week her teacher had asked the class a multiple choice question. There were two choices. He asked all those who thought "A" was the answer to raise their hands. The entire class raised their hands except for my Sara. Then he asked those who thought it was "B" to raise their hands. Sara was the lone student. (Wow, I really don't think I could've done that in second grade!) Then her teacher took the time to recognize Sara's bravery and told them that they shouldn't be afraid to go against what everyone else was saying especially if they know it is wrong. Then she got a piece a chocolate. And (I'm sure you're wondering) she got it right! I was and am so proud.

I truly can't wait to see what God is going to do with all my children. I feel as though they are turning into leaders for the Lord right before my eyes. Actually, that's wrong. I feel as though they already are.

1 comment:

Don & Sharon Snow said...

What super kids you have !!

Grandpa