Thursday, August 21, 2008

My new job

Well, my work week is over. Yes, you read that correctly--my work week. I am officially (at least according to the IRS) a working member of society again. When I thought about it earlier I was excited about adding a new job experience to broaden my life job experiences. I already have stuff like accountant, factory worker, dishwasher, and, oh, babysitting. I guess it's not something new because it is, indeed, babysitting. I'm watching two girls down the street before and after school 4 days a week. They are in kindergarten and the first grade. Believe it or not our house can get even louder than it was previously. Actually, by the end of the week it had calmed quit a bit as the novelty had worn off for everyone, toys were found and my structure was set and in place. I think my structure was somewhat of a shock to them (meaning the girls I babysit--my kids are used to me being neurotic). But, seriously, if one child gets up during breakfast without asking to be excused it is a matter of less one second that every other child is out of their chair, breakfast not eaten and complete chaos has ensued. Actually chaos doesn't even seem to be a strong enough word. And with the end of the first week comes more structure that needs to put into place because homework starts next week. I'm rather insistent that homework gets done immediately after school. Well, you can have a snack first, but immediately after the snack it is down to business. Wouldn't it be easier to wait for the other two to leave you may be wondering? Probably, but I'm always up for a challenge. It just makes life a little more interesting.

No comments: