Sunday, September 14, 2008

my boys

So as we were desperately trying to convince Ashley that Disney toys were no longer discontinued (see previous post) Christmas was entered into the conversation. How can you talk about Disney toys and not talk about Christmas? That prompted the following conversation with our boys:

John: I want a helmet for Christmas.
Mom: What kind of helmet John(thinking perhaps Darth Vader or Emperial fighters--he's really into Star Wars at the moment)
John: A bicycle helmet. I need one to protect my brain while I'm riding my bike.
Mom: John you already have one of those. But if you start wearing it, do you think you could ride your bike without your training wheels?
John (completely horrified): NO! I need both the helmet and the training wheels to keep me safe.
Nathan: I want a helmet too.
Mom: That's great Nathan.
Nathan (after a brief pause and a glance out the van window): I want a helmet and a motorcycle like that one.

Seriously, could they be any different?

3 comments:

Alissa said...

Mr. Safety, meet
Adrenaline Junkie.
One will design rockets, the other will ride them. I think in the short run, you'll have a bookworm and a football player. Hysterical.

LivingFree said...

LOL! Sounds like my boys. I've got Mr. Safety, Mr. Somewhat of a Daredevil and Mr. Super Adrenaline Junkie, doesn't know any speed,but full! He took his training wheels off himself when he was 4, took the bike to the top of the driveway and proceeded down, full speed! He's been riding w/o training wheels ever since, and I've been praying for his safety ever since.

Garden Girl said...

Ahhhh, I have a Mr. Safety too! Too, too, funny.