Monday, September 15, 2008

my crisis

I think I'm going through a mid-30s life crisis. I refuse to call it a mid-life crisis because I'm convinced that I will live past age 70. I do, however, have those days where I look to the sky and say "please come back today Jesus!". Anyway, maybe mid-30s life crisis isn't an appropriate name. Maybe it is a toddler mommy crisis. I have felt this desperate need to work my brain lately. I don't know what has caused it--perhaps too many days filled with a lot of potty training talk, perhaps it is the fact that in the last month I have lost or almost lost at least 4 important documents, or it could be that my 2nd grader's spelling words are becoming too challenging for me. Whatever the cause is, it is being reflected in my behavior. I've spent the free time in my evenings doing trivia challenges--most recently this has consisted of world capitols. (Did you know that Belize is a Central American country that borders Mexico?) I've also been playing memory games. And this weekend there was a definite sign that strange things are afoot with mom--I worked a puzzle and it wasn't a 50 piece floor puzzled of a barn or a princess castle. It was a 600 piece world map puzzle with oddly shaped pieces and a lot of ocean. I don't like puzzles. I finished it in a day. Something odd is definitely going on...

1 comment:

LivingFree said...

We have that puzzle! I bought it for the kids, but they weren't as intrigued by it as I was, so last winter(you know the LONGGGGGGG Winter) I put it together not once, but twice. I just thought it was one of those homeschool mom crisis, trying to relearn the geography I missed in school.