Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hats off to Joe the Plumber

Well, Joe hasn't been around to be able to comment on the upcoming election, so I will take a shot at it. However, my post is more about Joe the plumber than it is McCain or Obama. I really like Joe the plumber. You might think it is because of his name. Nope, I'm really only partial to one Joe and I think you know who that is. Or maybe I like him because I agree with him politically. Honestly, I'm not even totally sure where he stands on all the issues politically. Some of the things I've heard him say I agree with, but I don't know all his political views. Or perhaps it is in honor of his pursuit of the American dream by purchasing the plumbing company that he now works for. I think that it is great that he is trying to better himself, but that is not the whole reason why I like him.

I like Joe the plumber because he is completely all American. In the last 3 days he has gone from being an average guy in Ohio to a guy who now is holding his own press conferences in his front yard. He's got his own fan page on facebook and said that he wants to copyright his name. That is what is so great about America. In a matter of days, you can grasp the American dream and have most everyone know who you are, make some money and enjoy your 15 minutes of fame. He is living it up to the fullest. Hats off to you, Joe the plumber! Only in America!!!!

1 comment:

Chris said...

I hope he doesn't get in too much trouble for not being "licensed"