Wednesday, May 6, 2009

This one comes with a warning

(Why have a blog if you can't be honest--so WARNING--great honesty ahead). I've been a horrible blogger the last few weeks--at least I feel as though I've been a horrible blogger. To be honest, the Horn house has had a difficult last few weeks. That happens sometimes when your job is ministering to people. A wise man once said to us "hurting people hurt people". With that you can get into a devastating cycle of pain and that seems to be what has happened here. We are now on our road to recovery and in the spirit of "recovery" I've made a goal (remember how I like goals?). My goal is to blog something everyday for the next two weeks. I was going to say a month, but then you get into vacation and summer and, well, I need to be realistic. So how is it that blogging something everyday is in the spirit of recovery? Blogging tends to adjust my attitude. I don't generally enjoy posting "downer" posts so I'm forced to view life through a different lens. So now you have something to look forward to--or not--who knows what kind of cheesiness I may come up with in order to find something to post.

No comments: