Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010 Wrap up

Playing Bingo with the Robey cousins
Hangin' at Grandma Horns.

We spent the last week of 2010 hanging out with family. Our first stop was the Horn family. We were missing a sibling who is overseas so it was a bittersweet gathering. One of the highlights was going to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader in 3-D. It was the first film the kids had seen in 3-D so it was a thrill for them.

Our next stop took us 1 1/2 hours north to see my family. We had been looking forward to this as my sister was in town from Kansas. It had been awhile since we had all been together (I think 2 1/2 years for the adults...but that didn't include the children. Is that right, Kim?). We are usually missing either a family or one of the men folk. My mom, sister & I enjoyed a day of shopping sans kids. I really can't remember the last time we did that. Unfortunately, we headed out a day early due to the plague that overcame us. I really can't remember the last time we had the stomach flu. We have hopes of seeing one another again at Spring Break, but alas it will most likely be without the men folk. At this point we are thankful that my sister is stateside so mini-visits are possible.

No comments: