Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Some excitement, some randomness and some accountability

It's March and we've been relishing in that fact here at the Horn house. In fact, nearly everyday I have to remind the kids that just because it is March does not mean that we should automatically get rid of the winter coats and only wear spring coats. So here's what's been going on around here:

The kids are doing great and we are feeling very blessed at the moment that we have (thus far!) been immune to the nasty, nasty stomach bug that is making its way through homes in our area. The other night it became apparent that we had been exposed on multiple occasions. So we over the "what do you do if you wake up in the night feeling sick" instructions. I think it did more harm then good. All of them arrived at breakfast the next day with extreme looks of relief on their faces that they didn't wake up in the night sick. Yes, it still could happen, but, trust me, they know what to do if it does. (Can you tell cleaning up, um sickness, is one of my least favorite things to do? I feel very motherly doing it, but always have to pray that I don't get sick doing it.)

I'm training for a 5K. Well, we will use that term "training" loosely here. My goal is to get it to a time that will not completely embarrass me. This is a really stretching experience for me...not the running part...the running in front of other people part.

My husband has been an amazing rock star of a husband lately. Our schedule has been in adjustment mode since I've added another baby. Joe has been able to step in and do some things for me the past week or so that have been a HUGE help. For example, he went to the orthodontist 3 times last week. It probably helps that they have a Keurig machine in the waiting room, but, let's be honest, that doesn't entirely make up for the waiting room experience.

Ashley has a retainer now (part of the reason for the 3 trips last week). I've got a picture, but you probably won't see it for a little bit. Not because it is ugly, but because I've not been real good at getting pictures posted lately.

Joe and I celebrate our 15 year wedding anniversary this summer. Let's be honest...marriage is hard work, so we want to do up our celebration right. Due to some blessings and great deals, we are going to celebrate at the beach. And we are going to fly. This is kind of a big deal since we don't really fly anywhere anymore. But when you price out the cost of gas and figure we probably aren't going to drive 18 hours straight (We aren't old, but we are that young anymore), it was pretty close to the same price just to fly. I cannot even begin to describe the excitement and anticipation. really. cannot. wait!

And now, to one of the reasons for this post, Joe & I decided we needed to develop some sort of accountability as we shoot for our weight loss goals now that our competition with the church office is over. So every week, gain or lose, I will post the results of the week. Joe will be posting his as well. This will also hold me accountable to blogging at least once a week. This last week I lost (drum roll please) 2.4 lbs. I am only about 14 lbs away from my original goal and I would love to hit that by the time of our anniversary trip.

No comments: