Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thursday tidbits

I have about 10 minutes before my boys emerge from the bus with overflowing news of the day so I thought I'd share some randomness with you.



  • It was a sad day today. I wore my flip flops and my feet got really cold. I love flip flops. Sigh...

  • The truck died on our date last night. But we still had a good time and I still got to enjoy a decaf pumpkin spice latte. I also got reminded of how difficult it is to steer a truck while it was being pushed by my husband and a very helpful stranger. Fortunately, the diagnosis was just a very dead battery.

  • Biaggi's....mmmmm. There is one near me now and I was blessed to enjoy the fettuccine with lobster for lunch. And the bread...the warm, yummy bread with "Biaggi's butter". Joe and I were trying to remember when the last time was that we ate at Biaggi's and I think it was our last dinner with some dear friends (you know who you are ;) ). I actually have a picture reminding me of that dinner hanging above my dresser. Sweet memories...

  • Nathan learned this week that it is okay to "mess up" at school. He made his first mistake on one of his sheets and his teacher assured him that school isn't for being perfect, it is for learning. Definitely a lesson that my little (until now previously undiagnosed) perfectionist needs to learn.

  • I made a DYNAMITE chicken pot pie the other day in my crockpot. Yes, I know, I was very skeptical as well. But with football practice, AWANA, and other various evening distraction I am trying out new crockpot meals. Wow, this one was good. Granted it didn't have the completely flaky crust of traditional pot pie, but it certainly came close...as close as one can come to flaky in a crock pot...

  • I'm seeing some leadership in my kids...at school, at church, on the football field and I like it. I pray mightily that they will grow to be strong, Godly, servant leaders in this world one day.

  • Sara's playing the flute and I just might learn along with her. I've about given up on my dream of one day learning how to play the piano, so why not try the flute. I've always wanted to play the flute, too. And the guitar...would love to play the guitar.

  • Eternal security...aside from the feeling you receive after you are truly saved, I'm not sure there is any better feeling then the moment that you realize that you are sealed by the Holy Spirit and you are saved forever. I got to introduce that to my youngest this week. Loved that moment!

  • And I hear the bus, so long....

No comments: