Saturday, March 10, 2012

Boys will be boys...

I love my boys. I was just commenting to Joe this morning how my boys have surprised me. For example, my boys are much more huggy and snugly than my girls were at this age. Could be personality differences or just a boy thing...hard to know for sure but I think it might be a boy thing.

And then there are things that are not that surprising but still, for some reason, catch me off guard...like today next to the deli counter at Kroger. I spied the coleslaw that we'd had a few weeks ago at a church event. It was delicious. I know, right? Delicious deli coleslaw? But, yes, this was so good I had to get confirmation from about 3 different people that it was store bought and not homemade. Joe went to get some the other day and they were out. Evidently it is pretty popular. So I saw it today and headed to the deli line to get it. (Unfortunately, it wasn't as good this time around..sad...) Anyway, the boys and I were waiting for the chatty guy in front of us to get his meat for the week, and Nathan starts his chattiness. Actually he wasn't starting, he was launching into a new topic. Nathan: "Mom, did you know that farts and burps are actually gas leaving your body?" Me: "Umm, yes, Nathan, I did know that." Nathan: "Yeah, see there is gas in your body and there is this round...." I won't go into any more details about what he said because, frankly, it gets rather graphic. I just stood there somewhat speechless with my eyes getting big paralyzed into silence. John pipes up : "Nathan, I don't think that is appropriate right now." Me: "Um, yeah, what your brother is saying. And where did you learn that?!" Nathan: "Beakman's World". Evidently Beakman's World covers all topics of science. And now the deli gal knows all about how the body works too....

Oh, and completely side topic....another child down with the stomach bug tonight. Here's hoping I won't miss church again tomorrow. That would be 3 out of the last 4 Sundays that I have missed. Yikes, someone might start wondering about their pastor's wife...

No comments: