Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thursday tidbits

So here's what has been going on here today:

  • Another call from the school, another child comes home....sigh.
  • I bought John a new pair of jeans today thinking they would be big on him, but get us through spring and fit him great next fall. But, alas, they fit him great right now. Size? 12! And at age 8 my John-John is no longer little.
  • Nathan got a new pair of jeans too...size 10. Again, thought they would be too big...sigh... (in fairness, I think they are a "big" size 10).
  • We have Girl Scout cookies in the house. Mmmmm.....
  • Nathan told me the interrupting cow knock-knock joke this morning. By far one of my favorite knock-knock jokes. I laughed again...never do I tire of hearing a good knock-knock joke.
  • I am truly embarrassed by how many clothes I bought at our local second hand store today. But it got warm and after literally 5 cloth changes the other morning for the girls we realized that they desperately needed some new clothes for this spring and summer. And at $1.50/clothing item I am totally not embarrassed by how many clothes I got for such a little price.
  • I am knitting Joe a blanket. It is camouflage color, of course. I am only a few years late on my promise so hopefully I will get it done by the end of the year.
  • I am in my Colts blue today and feeling homesick for my Hoosier state. I find it odd how something like a favorite football player leaving my favorite team can bring on those feelings.
  • Joe just shared something really hilariously with me, but I can't share it with you. Sorry...
  • Speaking of Joe, he offered to fry up some deer steak for supper tonight. I think I will take him up on his offer....

No comments: