Thursday, June 14, 2012

Let the painting begin....

My kids are still at their grandparents.  I miss them.  But I have also been very productive.  Yesterday's plan was to clean up the basement.  I completely misjudged how quickly I could get that done while being the only one home so it was finished by about 9am.  So then I decided to tackle this.....


And unfortunately, it revealed this.....

We knew we had hardwood floors under our carpet but weren't sure what kind of shape they were in.  So we (ahem...I guess I should say "I") decided to tear out Nathan's room because it is the smallest.  I am so completely done with this gross carpet we have.  I cannnot. wait. to. get. it. out. of. the. house.  Now we are deciding if we should refinish them or if we should lay new floor.  After a trip to a couple of hardware stores we are thinking it is not going to be much more, if any, to lay new floor. Unfortunately, for Nathan, we are going to start taking care of this before we lay new floor.



the picture really doesn't show how bad this wall really looks

Yea, the red isn't too bad, but you should see all the nicks in it and I'm kind of tired of it.
Paint, paint and more paint.  We think we have settled on a color that we both like which is a HUGE accomplishment.  And the fact that we decided on one without fighting is an even bigger accomplishment.  For some couples their struggles are with money and various other things, ours is home improvement.  Hardly ever do our tastes match.  So we are pretty proud of ourselves that we selected a paint in a very calm and mature manner.  I know...pride comes before the fall and all that.  So I am off to eat breakfast, go for a run and paint!

No comments: