Friday, June 15, 2012

The Mission Oak Inn

I ran just under 4 miles this morning.  My goal was 4 miles but I was afraid if I went any further I may vomit.  So, in order to maintain my dignity in the gym, I choose to stop.  It is the furthest I have run in over a year and it felt so good.  Finally starting to feel like myself again....  Just had to share that.  It has absolutely nothing to do with the Inn.

Almost 2 years ago our church family blessed us with a gift certificate to a nearby bed and breakfast.  Alas, Joe and I just hadn't been able to fit it into our schedule at a time they also had openings.  So this past weekend we were finally able to visit.  And it was so nice.  It sits surrounded by cornfields and a 5 acre lake (I think it is 5 acres..its large).  When I'm at the beach I can totally picture Joe & I living on a sandy beach someday.  However, when I am at a place like this I am reminded that I truly am a Midwesterner at hear.  Oh, and the food was absolutely phenomenal.  We had one of their supper dishes as well as breakfast each  morning.   Oh bliss...can't wait to return.


We scared a deer out of her bed.

I spend a lot of time photographing the birds.  Tons of finches and hummingbirds.  There was even an oriole who visited occassionally.


Yes, that is a raccoon that decided to come visit and chow down on the leftover bird seed.  I was sitting on the porch to our room when he showed up. 



No comments: