Sunday, January 13, 2013

It's all in your perspective....

After a two week break from routine, we settled back into life here on Monday.  With the new year comes some new perspective in my life.  My days can get very "ho hum" if I let them.  I get up in the morning, take a run, get the kids out the door to school, entertain babies, toddlers & preschoolers, laundry, household chores, dinner plans, welcome kids home, evening errands, go to bed, get up the next day and start it all over again.  It can completely zapped any joy in my life if I let it.  And so this week I began keeping my perspectives in check...

Instead of sighing and wishing for a treadmill in my basement each morning and complaining about the cold weather outside on the way to the gym, I am thankful for the blessing of a gym membership so I don't have to run outside as I get ready for the Indianapolis Mini.

Instead of being frustrated by my kids sinful behavior (because, I, of course never struggle with sin ;) ), I am thankful that the Lord has shown me areas in my kids' lives that need sharpening and in the process finding areas that I need to sharpen.

I have a great job in which I get to watch some awesome kids while keeping things up at home.

And one day I. will. miss. the laundry and the toys of my kids.  I won't get to sit and read books and hear the giggles as they relive the moments of their day.  My cheeks won't be wet from sloppy kisses forever and they won't always be in beds in the same house as me.  Thanking God so much for new perspectives each and every day....

No comments: