Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Do you see it?


Do you see an owl in this tree?  Yeah....me either.  My daycare kids are convinced there is an owl in the tree hooting. I can't seem to convince them that it is probably a dove.  They don't believe me.  And it does sound a lot like a hoot.

It has been a busy week here filled with football practice, work for both of us and a birthday yesterday for Joe.  Oh, and allergies....I have seriously started praying for frost so the itching can stop. Itching in my eyes, throat, ears...you name it, it itches.

Tonight we kick off the year for Salt and Light...our youth groups at church.  Our pastor does a family night of food and fun.  We have walking tacos which we discovered last year must be a regional thing because many had no idea what in the world a walking taco was. Another leader and I chopped and diced as well as browned meat this morning.  It is going to be a fun year.  I help out with it and the leaders were asked to submit an idea for a theme for the year.  There were some really good ones.  I am so curious to see which one we are going to do.

And now it is time to make our way inside...one of the 2 year olds is afraid of the owl, one is taking off her shoes and the itching has once again commenced. 


No comments: