Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Sometimes they know more than I think they do

It is hot here today. Well, I heard on the weather that it is actually only 80 degrees, but I'm convinced it has to be more like 90. The humidity is horrible. You would think after growing up in the midwest I would be used to humidity. But somehow it manages to sneak up on me every summer. Anyway, we decided it was a good pool & sprinkler day. So we all had our suits on, the sprinkler on, and we were just missing one ingredient--the pool. I went in search of the pool (it is just a little plastic think for those of you who may be wondering how blind I must be if I can't find our swimming pool). Ashley directed me to the beams in the garage and there it was. So I managed to get it down and carried it to the backyard. It was at this point that Ashley said "Don't we need to check it for holes" Now, our pool is a hard plastic--not inflatable. So, my obvious answer was "No, we don't need to check for holes. There are no holes. I don't think these can get holes." John decides to chime in and, much to my dismay, agrees with her sister that we should check for holes. I stand my ground and we do NOT check for holes on the pool. Fortunately, they concede and we begin filling the pool with water. About five minutes later, the pool only had water on one side and it wasn't very deep. I, being slightly confused, began to look more closely at the pool. And, sure enough, there was a hole! And so, I humbled myself and asked for their forgiveness. Their wisdom is certainly beyond their years at times. As a sidenote, if you are possibly concerned about yours because they are so expensive to replace (I hear some are almost $10!!), I really don't think most of the hard plastic pools can easily get holes in them. We spent a significant amount of time last summer going down the slide into our pool--enough said.

No comments: