Friday, June 15, 2007

The morning moon

The cheery voice of my eldest son greeted me this morning as I walked up the stairs at 6:15. I had been in the kitchen and heard the toilet flush so I suspected he may be up. "Mommy, you have to see this. It's a bunny. Come look Mommy! You have to see it!" John was very awake for 6:15. What I was not prepared for was what I saw as I walked into his room. Unfortunately, John had gotten distracted in the middle of getting dressed. This happens occasionally with this three year old. He was sitting on his knees on a chair (he had moved by the window) and his top half was buried under the shade covering the window. He was completely naked from the waist down. He was so taken with the bunny rabbit that was in our yard below that he basically had no recognition of his naked bottom. When I mentioned it, all he could say was "But did you see the bunny?"

No comments: