Friday, July 13, 2007

The Horn Family Dictionary

I 've come to think that we need our own dictionary. My kids have developed their words for certain things and without a dictionary some people may have a hard time knowing what they are talking about. Here are some of the words I would include:

hopper sore
noun, a canker sore; ulceration in the mouth
Origin: Ashley--she just decided that they should be called this because canker is too hard to remember

vent
verb, rent; sample sentence: "Are we going to vent the movie or buy it?"
Origin: Ashley

swinging bed
noun, hammock
Origin: John (I think)

washdown
noun, a car wash facility; may also be used to describe any type of facility that washes any type of vehicle including trains
Origin: John through watching way too much Thomas the Train

tic tattoo
noun, a child's temporary tattoo; they generally feature cartoon figures including Cars and Hello Kitty
Origin: Ashley--I've tried to explain, but she insists this is what they are called

2 comments:

Jenna said...

That's cute!

Hey, burnt popcorn and marshmallow party at your house?

Kelly said...

That is awesome; I love it! Thanks for the giggles. :)