Tuesday, August 14, 2007

End of an era

We changed our move date. It was moved up about 3 days. I had a friend tell me yesterday "You NEVER move up the move date." After I freaked out for about 2 hours after the decision was made, I realized that we are in pretty good shape to load the truck on Thursday. I also came to the realization that I won't be here the day we load the truck which is a huge blessing. (probably an even bigger blessing to my husband than to me. maybe he planned it that way...) It is bringing closure to this era of my life much quicker than I had anticipated. Here are my most recent "lasts" that I have experienced:

  • My last drink at Coffeesmiths. Can't even begin to tell you how many coffees have been consumed there or how much sweet fellowship has taken place.
  • My last time to mop my orange floor (WOO-HOO)
  • My last time to lay a sweet baby in our crib and change a sweet baby on a changing table. We gave them away yesterday.
  • Probably my last time to sleep in a master bedroom in an attic
  • The last time I will live in a house with squeaky stairs
  • My last Iowa sweet corn while I'm living in Iowa (I'm sure I'll be back to visit and have Iowa sweet corn then)
  • And, last but certainly not least, right now I am typing my last blog to be posted while living in Iowa.

So long wonderful state that inhabits more pigs than people. We've loved it here!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

We've loved having you here (in Iowa)! We'll be praying for you guys!