Friday, August 17, 2007

Christmas in August

I think I have typed and deleted this post maybe a dozen times--okay maybe not that many, but quite a few times. Yesterday was the girls' first day of school. I'm not really sure how to even describe the feelings and emotions related to it. I think Ashley summed it up well on the drive to school. She said it felt like Christmas morning. I'm not sure Sara would agree--unless she is scared of Santa Clause at Christmas. And I was a good mother and took pictures--maybe in a month you will get to see them.


PS School went great although Sara was somewhat disappointed that there are no snacks and no rest time in 1st grade. Recess was still fun for her--so much fun that she managed to get a blister on her hand from the monkey bars. Ashley couldn't really sum it up the first day experience. She did say she took a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. She gets her times a little confused...

1 comment:

Garden Girl said...

Sara, I'm totally empathetic to your feelings - we should all get snacks & naps regardless of our ages. :)

Glad to here the first day went okay. Yea for Ashley being so excited!

Can't wait to hear about the successful possession of the house....