Sunday, August 12, 2007

Mrs. Independent (NOT!)

I would like to say that I am one of those women who can "keep the home fires burning" while my husband is away. I would also like to say that I am a person who is really good under pressure. The last few days have proven once again that this is just not true. In theory I am very much a woman who thinks she can take care of EVERYTHING while my husband is off toiling for our family. In practice I am SO NOT that kind of woman. Joe has been gone since Wednesday morning. Here are some small examples since that time (for the sake of not embarrassing myself I won't give you the big examples). independent

  1. One of my children started laughing at me because I couldn't catch said child to, um, discipline & train the child (yes, I finally did catch the child)
  2. The first night I slept about 3 hours because it was lightening and raining outside
  3. Last night I slept about 5 hours because I was awake between 1 and 3 listening for our stairs to squeak because I was convinced there was an intruder in the house
  4. I kept forgetting to turn all the lights off downstairs at night (Joe usually follows me upstairs)
  5. I couldn't grill anything outside because I'm always afraid I'm going to start an explosion (I did singe my hair once doing it, so it is not an invalid fear)
  6. The yard didn't get trimmed because I can never keep the weed whacker plugged in as I move around the yard
  7. Everyday suppertime has ended with me saying "Okay, put your PJs on and then you can watch a movie" and Sara consoling me with saying "Daddy will be home soon Mommy"
And it seems like it has been a month. He's on his way home now--Praise the Lord! My knight in shining armor to the rescue!

1 comment:

Anna said...

I'm the same way with Matt gone, Karen. I end up sleeping *purposefully* with the downstairs lights on, just to deter possible intruders.