Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A glimpse into my afternoon

Imagine trying to listen to your 1st grader tell you all about hurricanes, keep your 22 month old from climbing on his retro rocket to turn on and off the lights, trying to help your 3 1/2 year old put together a floor puzzle and trying to convince your kindergartener to finish her lunch all at the same time and you will get a glimpse as to what my house is like around 3:30 pm everyday. That's just during snack time. Then we attempt to do some homework while I attempt to fix some supper for us to eat. Today during homework time John managed to lock both he and Nathan's bedroom doors. Fortunately, for me no one was in the rooms at the time because I, their genius mother, could not figure out for the life of me how to get them back open. I tried both the paper clip and credit card method. My truly genius husband "just happened" to notice that there were screws on the outside of the door knob and just managed to take it off. "Why didn't I notice that?" I thought to myself. Gee, I don't know. Nathan was probably playing in the toilet or eating his kindergarten sister's lunch. Or maybe it was when I was trying to convince Sara that the vocabulary word she didn't know was "little" when it was really "like" (she gets "look" and "like" confused). At least she didn't have to write "little" 10 times before she convinced me I was wrong.

No comments: