Saturday, September 8, 2007

The new addition to our backyard

Our backyard has been looking rather empty. We had to leave our swing set behind so up until yesterday our kids had to work with a few yard toys and their imaginations. Their imaginations have been working pretty well, but yesterday we got something to help them out a little. I built a house for them. I am quite proud of myself. We had some friends who gave us their old log cabin. The desperately wanted to play in it last night, but Daddy was still at work. And I had a hunch that Daddy wasn't going to be really excited about putting it together when he got home. So with the help of a handy rubber mallet and the muscles of my kids, we put the house together before he got home. And so while I may not be able to pick the locks of my kids' bedrooms, I can build a log house!

No comments: