Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Spring Break

Well, it is late (for me!) and I don't really have anything specific to say, but I thought I should post something just so some of my dear friends didn't think I'd dropped off the planet (Thanks for checking in on me Garden Girl!). Last week was spring break for the girls so I decided it was going to be spring break for me as well and did pretty much nothing all week. This worked out fine until we returned from a short trip to Indiana on Saturday night with the realization that I had a potluck the next day that I had nothing prepared for and small group at my house as well. Do you have any idea what 6 people and a hamster can do to a house when the mother takes spring break? I'll let your imagination run with that one. Thanks to my great husband we did manage to take something to the potluck besides Kroger cookies (he made a great pot of chili this morning). And thanks to having bedroom doors that close, the house looked halfway decent for small group. I'm not really sure what would have happened if someone had opened one of those doors. Actually, I'm not even really sure they could have opened it. And so tomorrow I am going to assess if my spring break was worth it. Not really sure what the laundry room looks like right now or if the girls have anything to wear to school tomorrow.... In the words of dear Scarlett..."Oh well, I'll think about that tomorrow." Right now I'm off for my beauty sleep.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Thank you, Karen for one we can completely relate to. When stress threatens our peace of mind, let's just give thanks for chili-making husbands and bedroom doors - Great post!

LivingFree said...

Ahhhh, yes I can imagine! I know what my house looks like from 5 kids, just from a coffee(tea in my case) break.