Wednesday, April 2, 2008

the fickleness of the world

I've been in a slight mourning the last few weeks. It all started when Joe told me that after my birthday I would no longer be a part of the coveted 18-34 age group. This is the group that the survey people ALWAYS want to have a part of their survey--especially when it comes to TV shows. That got me thinking about how I will also no longer to be able to say "I'm in my early 30s." Yep, as of May 3 I will be definitely be considered middle to, dare I say, late 30s. However, my mourning ended on Monday when I realized that just as I am exiting one coveted group, I officially entered a different one last week. Yes, I am now officially a soccer mom--complete with a gold minivan. So, all you candidates for office, I am now a part of the group that you are convinced you need to win an election. Isn't it interesting how one birthday and and one $20 entry fee into a soccer league can entirely change the world's perception of you... How fickle they are!

1 comment:

LivingFree said...

I'm right behind you. I'll be turning 35 the next week after you, but I have not entered the soccer mom group and we've graduated up to the full size van and with baby #6(which btw is supposed to be girl)due a week or so after I turn 35, I guess I feel more like the Brady Bunch.