Friday, May 16, 2008

A snippet of my morning and afternoon

Morning conversation (running errands)
Paricipants: John & Mommy

"Mommy, what is a jaguar?"
"I think it's part of the cat family. Daddy would know."
"What do they eat Mommy? Will they eat me?"
"No John. They don't live here."
"Mommy, if a gorilla and a jaguar met who would get eaten?"
(We seriously need to get Animal Planet!)
"Mommy, did you know that a baby zebra can tell which zebra is its mommy by the stripes on the mommy's rear end?"
"No John I didn't know that. Where did you hear that?"
"Ashley and Ashley knows everything about zebras."
"Who paints the zebras Mommy?"
"God does John."
in his dreamy voice "I wish I could paint the zebras."

Afternoon conversation (playing outside--me working in a flower bed & moving stones around)
Participants: John, Nathan, Ashley, Sara, & Mommy

Mommy: Oh, these are so heavy"
John: You are so strong mommy. You are super strong!
Sara: I just did the jump rope 5 times. I'm going to try to get 10.
Ashley: Oh, look, there are worms mommy.
Sara: I did 7 mommy--isn't that great?!
Nathan: I want a worm. Can I have a worm please?
Mommy: Share with your brother Ashley.
John: Oh, I found a worm too.
Mommy: Would you like me to fry up your worm so you can eat it?
Sara: EWWWWW!!!
Ashley: Really, they do that?
Mommy: Yep, there is a book about it.
Ashley: NO Nathan! Mommy, Nathan is eating the worm!
Mommy: Nathan I was just joking! Don't eat the worm!
Sara: Mommy, I did 10 jump ropes how many can you do?
Ashley: Wow, you did 20 mommy!
John: You are so strong mommy!

No comments: