Monday, June 30, 2008

The Cove

Since I don't scrapbook, this is a way that I keep family memories. So you will have to bear with me as the next few posts as I will be including pictures from our vacation.

We started vacation by picking up Nathan and Sara in Indianapolis. They had been visiting with Grandpa and Grandma Snow. Then we traveled to Caryville, TN where Grandma and Grandpa Horn were vacationing with all the aunts and uncles and cousins from that side. We dropped all the kids off there and then Joe and I traveled to Ashville, NC to The Cove. It took us 5 hours instead of 2 hours as we had hopes of reliving part of our honeymoon by visiting Gatlinburg and the Smokey Mountain National Park. Unfortunately, due to various circumstances (traffic, mountain roads, traffic, and did I mention a huge traffic jam in Pigeon Forge) we saw the mountains out our van window as Joe was driving and getting car sick. Yep, he got sick even though he was the one driving. So we arrived at The Cove and the above picture is looking off the back balcony of the training center. Unfortunately this is the only picture I got taken while we were there. It was a really, really full schedule. But I would encourage anyone to go visit The Cove at some point. Fabulous food, great scenery, and awesome speakers. Just don't go for class training...

No comments: