Sunday, July 20, 2008

My hydrangea bush

One of the things I had to say good-bye to last summer were my three very huge and very beautiful hydrangea bushes that were in front of my house. Now after the first year that we lived there Joe was convinced that I had completely killed the bushes when I trimmed, okay slaughtered, them back to their bases. In my defense, they were very overgrown. Anyway, they came back stronger than ever the next spring, so every year they got the heavy duty "trim" treatment. So last fall at our new house I took to trimming our new hydrangea bush and had beautiful results. This is what it looked like when we returned from vacation. Fortunately, I got the picture taken before the rain weighed down the blooms. I am so excited that God blessed me with providing a house with one of my favorite plants.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

those ARE beautiful!! :)