Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Orange Juice Shake

We have a new favorite drink at our house. I occasionally check out Jill Savage's blog and this week she happens to be having a summer recipe contest. This was the recipe of hers that she posted yesterday.

Orange Juice Shake
6oz Frozen OJ Concentrate
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup sugar
10 ice cubes
Blend all ingredients in a blender. Pour into glasses and enjoy!

I know I've seen recipes similar to this in the past but have never taken the time to try them. This one was a huge hit with the kids. After naps I think I may try it with ice cream instead of milk to make it a little thicker and more "shake" like. Perfect for a hot, steamy day!

3 comments:

Garden Girl said...

MMMMmmmmm....dreamsicle.....

Horn herd mom said...

I made another batch and didn't include the 1 cup water. It did come out thicker but it also had a much greater "orange" flavor to it. Still cool and refreshing and I like it thicker.

Anna said...

That sounds really good, Karen. And, I checked out that blog, and it looks really great. Do you know her?