Friday, July 11, 2008

Not quite that old

The kids got up from their naps and wanted to take a dip in the pool in the backyard. We were/are on a limited time schedule as we have plans for tonight and I was kind of involved in some other stuff (like posting the previous post). So I told them sure, but make it fast because we only have an hour to play. Run and get your swimsuits on, I said. About 10 seconds later (proof that it shouldn't take some unnamed children 30 minutes to get dressed for school) they all emerged. I sighed...they all looked sharp in their swimsuits and they had done it all by themselves--even Nathan had his swimming trunks on. They are growing up too fast, I thought to myself. Se we all settled outside and about 30 minutes into pool time, Nathan came trudging out of the pool looking like he was having a hard time walking. He was headed for his tricycle when I took a closer look. He still had his other shorts on under his swimming trunks. And this also meant that he still had his pull-up from his nap on underneath that. His pull up had sucked up probably 1/4 of the pool. Whew! I guess they aren't as old as I thought they were.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

wow...sounds just like nathan! and yeah...i think that situation happenend in our house a lot too...30 minutes to get dressed...10 seconds to get ready for the pool...hehe.