Friday, August 8, 2008

My multi-talented man

You probably knew (or assumed) that my man could translate Greek and Hebrew, engage someone in a deep philosophical discussion, teach a very interesting Sunday school class and preach a convicting Spirit-filled sermon but did you also know that he could:

  • shoot a mighty buck at 125 yards with a shotgun
  • make the best homemade popcorn ever
  • make balloon animals
  • clean out a closet like a mad man
  • put trim on a wall with the best of them
  • get rid of all the weeds in my yard
  • describe in detail every well-known battle from the Civil War (this is especially entertaining when you are at the battlefield)
  • drive a stick shift in a foreign country where you drive on the right hand side of the car and shift with your left hand
  • butcher the said deer above better than any other butcher I've met
  • can say "jalapeno peppers" just like Billy Crystal from When Harry Met Sally
  • remembers pretty much everything he's ever read
  • and....can run a cotton candy machine (I just learned that today. We needed someone for the carnival tomorrow and who knew my hubby had run one before?!)
I've just touched the surface. What a truly multi-talented guy!!!

BTW, he's also an awesome hubby, truly the best ever--he's whisking me away this weekend!

4 comments:

The Rosetto's said...

If you wanna call them animals, go ahead!! LOL

Anna said...

I hope you had a wonderful evening away, Karen!

The Bullhorn said...

Some people have no appreciation for artistry... Oh well. The world must have its Philistines.

Thanks, honey, for an encouraging and uplifting post! And thanks for a memorable and fun getaway. It made me feel like a spontaneous newlywed all over again...

J

Bill Allison said...

Karen... please don't let my wife read this post!!!!! How can any us guys live up to Joe????

Love your post and hope your time away was WONDERFUL...